The idea is that you match the quote to the author and where it appeared or who said or wrote it.
1. You will recognize, my boy, the first sign of old age. It is when you go out into the streets of London and realize for the first time how young the policemen look.
2. Being young is greatly overestimated. Any failure seems so totl. Later on, you realize you can have another go.
3. Comment is free but facts are sacred.
4. Hell, I never vote for anyone. I always vote against.
5. When a dog bites a man, that is not news because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news.
6. CP Scott
7. WC Fields
8. Seymour Hicks
9. John B. Bogart
10. Mary Quant
11. The Observer, 1996
12. Manchester Guardian, 1921
13. RL TAylor, 1950
14. FM O’Brien, 1918, often attributed to Charles A. Dana
15. CRD Pulling, 1952
In answering, to make it easier, you might like to arrange it like this:
Filed under: Diversions