Looking at the map of Israel last evening and reading up on it, there are a number of steps I think Israel should take:
1. Complete the defensive dome against rockets in the southern territory, with every rocket fired from the Gaza responded to with two Israeli strikes.
2. Complete the rebuilding in East Jerusalem, including the ring settlements.
3. Remove the two eyesores from the Temple Mount and begin the rebuilding of the Temple or at the very least, repaint that Dome in a dull colour which blends in with the city.
4. Reinforce Har Megiddo as the gateway for the Via Maris.
5. Complete the settlement on the West Bank and cease calling it West Bank.
6. Create a demilitarized zone between Gaza and Egypt, dig wherever tunnels are known of and fill them in.
7. Create a maritime ring along the entire coast of Israel, including just outside the territorial waters of Gaza.
8. Move into and build barriers and military installations in the buffer zone bordering the Lebanon.
9. Reinforce the Golan Heights.
10. Tell everyone else to butt out and mind their own business.
That should just about take care of it. Game-on. I asked Chuckles if he could think of anything to add or subtract and he replied:
11. I would suggest that exploiting their newly found seabed gas and oil deposits would be a smart move as well.
Filed under: History & Culture